Leti, a technological research institute at CEA Tech that has launched more than 60 startups, has created a Medtech Entrepreneur-In-Residence program to help bring to market creative devices and solutions that will address tomorrow’s healthcare challenges.
The 1st edition has led to the selection of a project focusing on IoT for Healthcare in collaboration with a senior medtech engineer and a clinician. The project is currently been incubated.
Entrepreneurs who qualify to join the program will have access to Leti’s state-of-the-art technological, preclinical and clinical platforms and its knowhow to design and create products or solutions and launch disruptive startups. Leti’s global approach to developing medical technology is the result of the excellence, expertise and multidisciplinary approach of its researchers, its infrastructure and its strong relationships with leading medical-industry partners.
For the program’s second participation challenge, Leti is targeting segments aligned with medical, industrial and societal needs. These include:
- Point-of-Care diagnosis,
- Internet of Things for healthcare, from prevention to treatment,
- Medical devices for innovative therapies such as drug delivery, physical effectors and bioelectronics.
- And medical devices for exposome monitoring (environmental exposure)
Selected entrepreneurs will benefit from incubation periods of six to 12 months that includes:
- Access to Leti’s research teams, laboratories and technical expertise (state-of-the-art clean-rooms, photonics, biological, chemistry, microfluidic, electronic, modeling, characterization, clinical and pre-clinical facilities)
- Identification of relevant Intellectual Property from Leti’s portfolio of 2,760 patents
- Resources for the joint development of an IP-based proof-of-concept for the target market and application
- Access to Leti’s startup program, and potentially to its partners’ mentorship programs, on a case-by-case basis.
Applications are expected by December 1, 2018 : Application form