Submission deadline: 13 September 2018
Eurostars is a joint programme co-funded from the national budgets of 36 Eurostars and by the European Union through Horizon 2020. In the 2014-2020 period, it has a total public budget of €1.14 billion.
If you are a small company in need of public funding for your innovative idea, then Eurostars has been carefully developed to meet your specific needs With its bottom-up approach, it stimulates international collaborative research and innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialized. It is your ideal first step in international cooperation.
Joining Eurostars will enable your company to:
- Turn an idea into a product and commercialize it.
- Combine and share expertise and benefit from working beyond national borders.
- Grow faster
To help you prepare your project submission before the next Eurostars cut-off opening here are the main eligibility criteria you will need to follow:
- Research-performing SMEs can apply for funding under Eurostars. Other SMEs, research institutes, universities and large enterprises may also participate but the project leader must be an R&D-performing SME from a Eurostars country.
- Eurostars is open to all projects in all technology areas and market fields, but projects must have a civilian purpose.
- The consortium must include at least two partners independent from each other and established in at least two different Eurostars countries. Organisations from any other country may participate (as a third country), but only if two Eurostars countries are already in the project. Subcontractors are not considered as project partners.
- The project must be completed in 36 months or less. The Eurostars project market introduction of the project results should be within 24 months of the completion of the project.
You can find all of our eligibility rules in our guidelines.
Eurostars adopts a decentralised funding procedure. As such, participants do not receive funding directly from the EUREKA Secretariat or the EU. All funding to participants in approved projects is managed by their respective funding body, according to national funding rules and procedures.
The application first steps
The Eurostars application system is at the moment closed. Nevertheless, if you are interested in joining Eurostars your first step is to contact our National Project Coordinators. They will help you prepare your application or even find a project partner.
Important to help you prepare your future Eurostars application is to thoroughly read the various guidelines:
- Download Guidelines for completing an application to see an overview of the online application form and information on how to complete the various sections
- Download Eurostars eligibility guidelines. This document provides applicants with an explanation of the eligibility criteria imposed on projects by Eurostars and the method of calculation.
- Download Guidelines for using the online application system to see an overview of the online portal and the electronic submission system
Applications can only be submitted using the online tool. Application forms and other documents submitted via any other means will be automatically rejected.